5 1/4 Months

Well, we had a VERY full week of excitement...but I get the "bad" mommy award because I didn't take many pics at all! I got lazy I guess. I'll have to do better this week.

Uncle Nate & Aunt Lauren came over to eat and play with Rachel on Thursday night. I made my mom's recipe for lasagna. It turned out okay. It was a little dry. Found out I took it upon myself to drain the tomatoes and I shouldn't have done that:o) They also brought over their Wii. I am behind the times I suppose, but it was my first time to play the Wii. The creation of Mii's for me and Adam was quite possibly the funniest part of the night. I laughed until I cried almost. It was a good night. I didn't like the Baseball game at all...but bowling was good and I laughed my head off at Adam and Nate playing some driving game on it. Also, Lauren can kick bootie at the Boxing! She beat Adam and Nate to the point that I didn't even try fighting her (since I'm quite frankly video game challenged unless it's Atari...I'm old school!)

We had some good ol' redneck fun at the Demolition Derby at the Wilson County Fair on Friday night. Nana came to watch Rachel so we could have Friday night and Saturday off! It was a much needed break for me! We had been to Cookeville alot lately, but mostly just for the afternoons. We haven't stayed up there lately so we could get more than an hour or two break. I got some pics at the Demo Derby, but none of Nana/Rachel. Shame on me! I really did take the day off on Saturday and went shopping with Adam so I really wasn't home much to take any pics.

Matt went with us to the Derby and everyone else backed out...but we still had a blast. We make it fun by picking cars and cheering for it to win. I don't think the one I picked below faired too well. Oh well, that's what I get for picking based on prettiness, not ruggedness!



Here's Adam and Matt next to the car with the very redneck Hillbilly Deluxe on the back of it...



Rachel has been loving her "toucan" that we put on her carseat to keep her entertained when traveling. She's been holding on to him lately...how cute:o)

We went all out and splurged on a new BOB running stroller this weekend. We've been looking for a used running stroller without much luck. Anyways, this is the Mercedes of running strollers and was a small investment (as I like to call it)...BUT, I think we'll get our use out of it and be able to recoup some money by reselling it when we're finished with it in a few years.
Rachel's first time to sit in her new stroller...
Here's Adam and Rachel with the new stroller the first time we took it on the greenway on Sunday afternoon.

We went to a Sounds game with our friends Adam and Julia from church on Monday night. We were supposed to go with Brent, Rachel, and Lilli too, but Lilli got sick...she's feeling better today though so we're happy about that!
Here we are at the game...



Rachel is loving sitting in her bean bag while Adam plays guitar for her lately...




Here's she is just playing away this week...





We did manage to get a picture of Pa with his b-day gift when he came to visit on Wednesday this week...